Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Cattleya leaves turn reddish purple in colour..... is it too much sun or it it ok?

I have just shifted my cattleya from a very shady place to a more sunny place (but still no direct sun).... the colour of the leaves turn a little reddish purple... it is ok or is the sun too much.....anyway, what is the best condition for Cattleyas, fertilization, watering, sunlight and media to plant... my cattleya produced new bulbs but seems unable to sustain flower from them

My Cattleya leaves turn reddish purple in colour..... is it too much sun or it it ok?
I have never heard of Cattleya leaves turning red, but Phalaenopsis leaves will do that when given too much light. What you are describing should be fine for your orchid. Cattleyas need a lot of light, with no direct light at the middle of the day when the sun is strongest. You can find detailed culture information on any orchid at the American Orchid Society's web page site.
Reply:Move to get some more light.


No comments:

Post a Comment